Its purple alluring colour catches the eye. Its colour can range from a deep purple to a light pink colour depending on depth and cut of the crystal gemstone. It is the birth stone of those born in February. It stands out for its beauty and is fast becoming one of the most lusted after gemstones of the day.
Here’s why we think Amethyst is a stone you should be wearing (even if you are not born in February)..
- Protective. Amethyst is a stone that protects your energy from negative vibes that might be coming you way
- Provides a calm environment when worn
- Brings peace and tranquility to the home
- Helps provide clarity to a busy mind
- Reduces fear and anxiety
- Helps one to break bad habits or thoughts
Ancient Greeks used to decorate their goblets with the gemstone Amethyst to prevent over indulgence in wine and get rid of negative energy from others around them.
St Valentine the patron of romantic love wore an amethyst ring engraved with a cupid.
Lots of reasons to wear or gift a beautiful amethyst piece of jewellery.
Take a look at our limited edition Amethyst necklace designed for the month of February