If you were born in January then your birthstone is Garnet.
Gemstones are so fascinating and have truly stood the test of time.
Gifting gemstone is a really lovely way of celebrating relationships of all ages and making meaningful moments matter. If you know someone born in January then you might want to consider a Garnet gift for them.
Facts about Garnet
- The word Garnet is derived from the latin word ‘Granatum’ which links to the pomegranate fruit. Mainly because the crystals of a Garnet look like the seeds from a pomegranate.
- Ancient warriors believed Garnet gemstone brought them victory and the Crusaders took Garnets with them on their journeys as they believed the stone protected them from accidents and danger.
- In Medieval times Garnets were believed to protect the wearer from poison and bad dreams and if you dreamt of losing a garnet necklace then good fortune would be bestowed on you in the future.
- Garnet is normally seen as a red colour but it can range from an orange to a brown.
- There are lots of varieties of Garnet – Garnet is the name for a group of silicate minerals crystallised in a cubic system. The one most commonly seen in jewellery is Pyrope Garnet which is red in colour. Other Garnets include – Almandine, Andradite, Demantoid, Grossular, Hessonite, Melanite, Pyrope, Spessartine, Tsavorite and Uvarovite
What does a Garnet symbolise?
- Garnet represents trust
- Loyalty is associated with the Garnet it and makes a wonderful gift for a friend who is born in January.
- Garnet is known as an energising stone to bring energy and a light heart to the wearer.
- Garnet is a courage inspiring stone and was worn by warriors during battle to protect and enhance courage in them.
Whilst Garnet is traditionally a stone for those born in January, anyone can wear the stone.
To gift a garnet necklace please visit EsmeLoves.
Our January Necklace is designed so the gemstone sits against the wearers skin so the full benefits of the stone can be appreciated.